It’s best to contact a professional person or organization – an attorney who handles VA cases, or agency that regularly files Aid and Attendance claims – when seeking the Aid and Attendance pension. You could file by yourself, or contact the local VA office and speak with a Service Officer. That said, be aware that there is the possibility that you and the Service Officer may not be fully knowledgeable about the program. This statement is not aimed to denigrate their efforts; it’s a fact that needs to be known. Rules and requirements regularly change in government procedures. The attorney or agency that files claims on a daily basis is aware of the changes. It’s a complicated process, like filing for Medicaid. There is so much information needed to be turned in with the application that one minor error would disqualify a veteran for one year from receiving the Aid and Attendance pension.